Monday 15 September 2014

Clarins Exfoliating Body Scrub


I have had this body scrub for (possibly) more than 2 years and am about to finish it.  I have an innate inability to finish any skincare or makeup so that is not due to the product itself although I do have some comments to make. 

One of the reasons it took me soo long to use this is because I was told I could use the product on dry skin.  This is what Clarins.com.sg say on their website:
Massage onto dry or damp skin 1-2 times per week (including the bust area and concentrating on rough areas such as elbows, knees, feet and thighs). Rinse thoroughly. 

Since I wanted to get the full effect of the scrubbing action, I tried my best to use it on dry skin but it really hurt! Granted I have sensitive skin but I would not suggest anyone use this scrub on dry skin.  The powdery texture of the scrub does not help in spreading the gritty parts on the skin and it is very gritty.  Using this on dry skin causes way too much friction.

The product smells alright, slightly powdery and flowery.  Not overpowering though I believe the scent lingers after bath.

To use this up, I started using this on wet skin.  That really helps to spread the product on the skin but I dont think you exfoliate less.  In fact, with increase in spreadability, I would massage the product in circles on the skin before rinsing it off. I think my skin is sufficiently scrubbed when I do that. Also, using this on wet skin also means it is easier to remove.  When I used this on dry skin, I tend to find bits still remaining on the body when I am towelling off; its quite off-putting.

Repurchase? No.  The main reason for this is the price.  I do not think a body scrub that does not seem to do much else needs to cost so much.  I cannot recall how much I paid for this but I have since purchased The Body Shop body scrubs during one of their atrium sales and I will use those after I finish this. It is just not exceptional enough for me to want to repurchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment