Wednesday 13 May 2015

Skincare Regime (May 2015)

This is what seems to be working for me the past few months.  I am writing this down to remind myself to stick to what seems to be working.

Here goes:

Morning
Cleanser - Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleaning Gel.  This doesn't foam up and feels non-drying.  Only left with 10% but unlikely to re-purchase because I have an Avene facial foam unused.  

Toner - Avene Thermal Water

Serum / Essence - SKII Treatment Essence + Aubrey Organics Pure Aloe Vera Juice / Porcelain Aloe Vera Gel

Lotion / Moisturiser - NUXE 24hr Soothing and Moisturising Concentrate + Sulwahsoo Essential Firming Cream (when my skin requires extra moisture)

As you can see, I try to go light in the morning.  Despite having dry skin, my skin does get oily throughout the day.

I don't have sunscreen but this is changing as I just received my purchase of SKII Facial Treatment UV Protection today which I am going to start using daily.  Before this, my foundation (which is SPF50) was my only sunscreen and I don't always use foundation.


Night
Makeup remover (waterproof makeup) - Bifesta Cleansing Express (blue bottle)

Makeup remover (base makeup) - Plante System Cleansing Micellar Water

Makeup cleanser - Porcelain Makeup Cleanser

Facial cleanser - Porcelain Hydro Cleanser

Exfoliator (occasionally) - Porcelain Natural Skin Refiner

Toner - Porcelain Botanical Tonic

Serum - Porcelain Essence Sebum Control Essence + Aubrey Organics Pure Aloe

Gel - Porcelain Aloe Vera Gel

Moisturiser - Sulwahsoo Essential Firming Cream

Pimple Gel - Porcelain Hydraclear Gel

Masks (sheet) - a mix but SKII Facial Treatment Mask is a favourite (which I use sparingly due to the cost)

Mask (gel) - Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX

Mask (cream) - Sulwahsoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask

I of course do not use the masks every night or together when I do use them.  I use sheet masks most often (about twice a week) and cream/gel mask every other week.  I do not leave either of the gel/cream masks overnight.  I leave it on for about 20 - 40mins and wipe off.  I get bumps if I leave it on the whole night. 

Generally

I don't always use the products as listed but its currently a mix of the products listed.

I know there is a number of Porcelain products.  I was given a set of the products when I signed up for their facial package.  The products generally are not heavy and seem to work for my skin.  I purchased backups of the Makeup Cleanser, Facial Cleanser, Natural Skin Refiner, Aloe Vera Gel and Hydraclear Gel when they had a promotion for CNY.  All in all, I should have enough for the rest of the year and some part of next year as I really only use them at night, preferring even lighter products for the day.

I am well aware that my skincare products are of the higher end.  I am not proud of it but it appears my skin prefers these products.  I don't often stray, and I shouldn't, since I just got another set of SKII products.  I have enough of my base products to last me a year I believe.

I do not suggest in any way that anyone should spend this much on skincare.  If drugstore products work for you, congratulations, because they did not work for me and I wish my skin is less high maintenance.  Although I never had acne, my skin had been problematic the past few years and these products (together with monthly-ish facials) kept it in check.

The real purpose for my writing this down is to remind myself that I have more than enough and to STOP BUYING MORE.  








No comments:

Post a Comment