Tuesday 9 December 2014

Skin Condition and Current Routine (September 2014)

My skin has generally been quite clear.  However, these past few years, especially after leaving home, I dealt with spots that take forever to clear.

Earlier this year, I had two weddings to help out and attend in one month and tried desperately to work on getting my skin to calm down.  That is when I started doing 2 (hydrating) masks a day, at night.  Now, I still do that, but much less regularly (perhaps once a week) but I still mask about 4 - 5 times a week.  Here's my current routine:

AM:
1. wash with sulwahsoo (a deluxe sample size I got and started using in August)
2. apply Sulwahsoo first care serum
3. apply Nuxe hydrating serum
4. sulwahsoo cream (very very lightly and only occasionally.

If I were going to apply makeup, I doing usually skip step 4.  I dislike the feeling of having too many creams/lotions on my face.

PM:  This is where it gets interesting
1. waterproof eyemakeup remover (if I used waterproof makeup in the day)
2. makeup remover water
3. clay wash/mask
4. (occassionally) mask during shower
5. first care sulwahsoo
6. nuxe serum
7. sulwahsoo cream
8. (couple of times a week) mask

Step 8 varies, it could be a sleeping mask, like Laneige or Sulwahsoo or it could be a cream mask, like Avene or Nuxe or it could be a sheet mask, like My Beauty Diary (my go-to).  My focus is on hydration.

I should explain step 3: this is a mixture I make myself from different types of clay and liquids.  My options are:
I change it up in accordance to what I think I need.  If I am extra spotty, I use tea tree oil.  If my skin is calm, I use the rose water. Its troublesome but I think rather useful. It also provides some physical exfoliation, which I think my skin prefers, compared to chemical exfoliation.

As to step 4:  this started when I purchased a fresh face mask from Lush (I tried the Oats and Blue berry ones).  As they get messy, I apply them during my shower and wash off when I step out of the bathroom.  Nowadays, until I get another fresh face mask, I do this with Dr GL's gel mask.  This is a bit difficult to get off by just wiping so its easier to just wash off in the shower.

The night time routine extended my bathing routine from 15mins to 25 - 30 mins.  But it is also a time for me to wind down as I will usually read a book or magazine while I let the masks dry/work their magic, so unless its really late at night or Im rushing, I dont mind.

The result of this routine is not perfect.  I still get spots and have to deal with them.  But my skin did calm down quite abit. Hydration is key I found.

Things will continue to change but I just want to put this down so that I have something to return to at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment