Monday 10 November 2014

Everything with Fries

I first tried EwF when I was an undergraduate, that was many years ago but in the past 2 months, I've been there three times.  Twice the Somerset branch and once to the Bugis branch.

I noticed that the two branches had different menus.  The Bugis branch had western-fusion dishes, think asian flavour pork chops while the Somerset branch essentially sold burgers with fries.

I will be talking about my food experience at Somerset.

We tried the pork satay burger and the slider.  Handsdown, I prefer the pork satay burger.  The meat used were tender (albeit slightly fatty but really, if its not fatty it might get too dry) and the dish very appetizing.  There was even a slice of canned pineapple.  I would totally get this if we head back.

I had the slider, the dish was rather one-dimensional.  Just salty, nothing much else.  Too boring.

Can't say much about the fries other than they are really nothing special.  The seasoning doesnt taste great either.  But if you, like us, just simply enjoy fries, these will be enough.

Dessert wise, their mille crepe is really odd.  Thick layers, more batter-y than crepe.  Their banana cake with ice cream and butterscotch sauce fared better.  We had this twice already, at both Bugis and Somerset.  The ice-cream is store-bought and depending on your luck, you may or may not get icicles in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment